Welcome to NetSci's
List of Professional Societies for Pharmacology
This section of NetSci provides a starting point to explore the wide range of scientific societies whose members contribute to pharmaceutical research and development. Please notify us if you would like to include your organization in the listing or if the information that is contained in the listing is incorrect.
American College of Clinical Pharmacology (ACCP)
Susan Ulrich, R.Ph.
3 Ellinwood Ct.
New Hartford NY 13413-1105
Tel: (315) 768-6117
Fax: (315) 768-6119
The American College of Clinical Pharmacology strives to be the premier professional society with the size, influence and diversity of membership consistent with the breadth of the discipline of clinical pharmacology that will:
- Provide innovative, unbiased, quality educational programs and forum for our membership, fellow health professionals, students and the public.
- Lead in the development and dissemination of basic clinical knowledge to improve rational drug use and patient outcomes.
- Support and encourage discovery and development efforts designed to provide improved therapeutic modalities.
- Serve as a forum for active public debate to influence scientific, regulatory, and public health policy issues.
- Serve the membership through ongoing, open communication, recognition of excellence and service, and by providing opportunities to influence future directions of the College.
American College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ACNP)
320 Centre Building
Nashville, TN 37203
Ph: (615) 322-2075
Fax: (615) 343-0662
The ACNP Secretariat is located at Vanderbilt University in Nashville,Tennessee. Oakley Ray, Ph.D. is the Executive Secretary and Ronnie Wilkins, Ed.D. is the Executive Director. Staff members at the Secretariat will be able to answer questions you may have about the different activities of the College. The principal function of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ACNP) is to further research and education in neuropsychopharmacology and related fields by:
- promoting the interaction of a broad range of scientific disciplines of brain and behavior in order to advance the understanding of prevention and treatment of diseases of the nervous system including psychiatric, neurological, behavioral and addictive disorders;
- encouraging scientists to enter research careers in fields related to these disorders and their treatment; and ensuring the dissemination of relevant scientific advances in these disorders.
American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET)
9650 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20814-3995
The President of American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET) is S. J. Enna, Ph.D., Professor and Chairman, Department of Pharmacology, University of Kansas Medical Center He may be contacted via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Association for Medical School Pharmacology (AMSP)
President: Thomas C. Westfall, Ph.D.
Department of Pharmacological & Pharmacological Science
St. Louis University
School of Medicine
1402 South Grand Boulevard
St. Louis, MO 63104
British Pharmacological Society (BPS)
16 Angel Gate
The home page of the British Pharmacological Society (BPS) which is the professional association for pharmacologists in the UK. Established in 1931 the BPS currently has around 2500 members and aims to promote and advance pharmacology, including clinical pharmacology. The site provides details of the BPS activities, BPS publications, pharmacology career guidance, a directory of educational teaching and learning resources (some of which can be ordered from the BPS site), and general information such as meeting and conference announcements. There is also a members only area of this site, which requires registration.
Drug Information Association
800 Enterprise Road, Suite 200
Horsham, PA 19044
Tel: 215 442 6100
Fax: 215 442 6199
The DIA (Drug Information Association)is a non-profit, multi-disciplinary, member-driven scientific association with a membership of over 22,000. These members are primarily from the regulatory agencies, academia, contract service organizations, pharmaceutical, biological and device industry, and from other health care organizations.
NetSci, ISSN 1092-7360, is published by Network Science Corporation. Except where expressly stated, content at this site is copyright (© 1995 - 2010) by Network Science Corporation and is for your personal use only. No redistribution is allowed without written permission from Network Science Corporation. This web site is managed by:
- Network Science Corporation
- 4411 Connecticut Avenue NW, STE 514
- Washington, DC 20008
- Tel: (828) 817-9811
- E-mail: TheEditors@netsci.org
- Website Hosted by Total Choice